Marmalade learner insurance allows a learner driver to practise in a family or friend’s car without risking the No Claims Bonus of the owner. The car must have primary insurance in the owner’s name and our insurance will not cover a car owned by the learner driver. We can insure cars up to Group 32 with a maximum market value of £20,000. We do not cover vehicles more than 20 years old. It is a fully Comprehensive insurance with an excess of £250 and pricing is from £85 per month with the option to take out for 2 or 3 months. You gain a greater discount for taking out the policy for longer periods and can renew as often as you need until your pupil has passed their test. This insurance ceases as soon as the learner driver passes their test. It does not therefore cover them to drive home from the test if they have passed.
Learner drivers can get a quote online by simply putting in their postcode and they can ask questions by phone or by live chat through our website See how it works, Here »
New drivers insurance
We use the most advanced black box technology available to help young drivers develop and maintain the safe driving skills that make them a lower risk, therefore bringing down the cost of their insurance premium.
There are no curfews with our policy and we give the maximum discount from outset. There are no complicated or performance related schemes needed for them to achieve greater discounts because we like to keep things fair and simple.
We cover ages 17-24, for cars that are no more than 6 years old and up to a maximum engine size of 1.4 litre. The policy requires the fitting of our advanced telematics device which monitors the driver ABCs – acceleration, braking, cornering and speed. The cover is fully comprehensive.
Car for Young drivers
Cars for Young Drivers is a combined car purchase and insurance scheme designed to offer affordable ways to get young drivers into newer, safer cars. We give a package of benefits to the young driver starting from the age of 17.
• A brand new car with a choice of the most popular models.
• Free insurance for the first 12 months which is called “Fuel and Go” or an insurance contribution of up to £1,750 called “Get It and Go” (dependent on postcode)
• Up to 20 Free driving lessons with an instructor their choice if they are still learning
• Up to £350 cashback if they have already passed and don’t need the lessons
• Telematics – our clever black box technology keeps their insurance low and helps them develop safer driving skills
• Finance – we’ve got a range of finance options to suit their needs
Offer to you
• Free registration
• Easy and quick registration – go to http://www.pmregistration.co.uk/
• Marketing material
• £25 per sale of ‘learner insurance’ introductory commission
• £100 or 7.5% of the premium whichever is the lower introductory commission for ‘new driver insurance’
• £250 for a new car introductory commission (Cars for Young Drivers) plus £450 to cover 20 driving lessons
• You will receive a text or email when we receive a sale thanks to your introduction
• Monthly payment of commission